Monday, March 17, 2008

She (1964)

I have started watching my way through the 21 Hammer movies that make up the recently acquired Ultimate Hammer Box Set. I aim to view at least one of these films per week, but knowing my viewing habits only too well, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me a few years to make it through this massive set.

I started off with Hammer's version of H. Rider Haggard's She. I had previously covered this production for the World of Hammer Glamour site and just re-read what I had written at the time. Must admit I was surprised how much I had managed to cover and am wondering where all my time has gone. I need to really start writing more in depth reviews again for those wonderful productions.

Speaking of Ursula Andress: Let's wish her a Happy Birthday in two days time (March 19). Conincidentally, Olinka Berova, Hammer's other She, also had her birthday this month (March 15) and, as we are on a roll, Eunice Gayson (The Revenge of Frankenstein as well as James Bond's Sylvia Trench) celebrates her birthday today on St Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I haven't seen She in quite some time. I did enjoy it, especially because of Ursula. She's one of my dream girls from the 60's. I do wish all these lovely ladies a Happy Birthday!